SFUSD Assignment Letter Delay: Details from SFUSD
After a slight delay, SFUSD will mail out school assignment letters on Monday, March 20, 2017.
School assignment letters for Fall 2017 enrollment were originally scheduled to be mailed on Friday, March 17, 2017. At the end of the business day on Friday, we were informed that the letters were to be delayed indefinitely. SFUSD has since released a new mail date of Monday, March 20. We have spoken with many individuals at SFUSD and have more information to share:
- All 14,000 applications were data-entered correctly and without delays, beginning in January.
- On Friday, March 17, SFUSD was not sure that all the necessary checks had been put into place and decided to hold letters back, rather than risk mailing out letters with mistakes.
- The mailing is one day late. No further delays are anticipated.
- The registration deadline has been pushed back to April 21, 2017.
- SFUSD is confident that all assignment letters are correct.
- Independent and parochial school directors are in communication with SFUSD officials to coordinate registration deadlines.
PPS-SF continues to stand by as a resource for San Francisco families who have questions regarding next steps in the process. Please attend one of our free enrollment events for details on Round 2 and beyond.