Executive Director Update: Fall Semester Highlights
PPS-SF Executive Director Teresa Arriaga shares highlights of our work and a few success stories from the fall semester:
Happy belated New Year! Like many public school parents, we are just now catching up from the holidays and diving back into the school year.
Thank you for staying connected to PPS-SF.
First - thank you to EVERYONE who supported our work in 2017: donors, volunteers, and parent workshop participants! By participating in San Francisco public schools you are committing to ALL of our children and families and making our city and nation better for everyone.
I am thrilled to share some PPS-SF highlights from the fall semester.
- Hosted 115 enrollment workshops reaching 3,477 attendees. 30% of enrollment workshops were in languages other than English.
- Presented 30 Family Engagement clubs and meetings with 292 attendees, in English, Spanish, and Cantonese/Mandarin.
- Live-Tweeted 14 Board of Education meetings with 125% increase in engagement from previous year.
- Co-hosted “Making Sense of District Data,” reaching 130 attendees in English, Spanish, and Cantonese/Mandarin.
- Supported SFUSD Board of Education resolution, “Undocumented, Unafraid, and United Student Resolution,” and communicated via postcards, updated website, and digital platforms in English, Spanish, and Cantonese/Mandarin.
- Plus we answered hundreds of calls to provide one-on-one support to families!
We are proud to serve the families of San Francisco in support of public education. In 2018, we look forward to further partnership with parents and schools, deeper bridge building between our diverse San Francisco families, and ongoing work to bring family voices to SFUSD.
Strong Schools. Strong City.
Teresa Arriaga, Executive Director
P.S. We’re hiring!