SFUSD Events: Meet the Superintendent and Understand Your Child's Test Scores
SFUSD is hosting a series of events this September for public school families.
Meet Superintendent Dr. Vincent Matthews
Dr. Matthews is continuing his listening tour of the district and has three sessions scheduled for September. Come share your ideas and suggestions about what is working for your child(ren), what challenges you observe, and what you see as the best opportunities to positively impact students. Interpretation will be provided. Childcare is free and available for children ages 3 and up. You must reserve childcare in advance. To make reservations, call 415-355-7323 x1312.
When and Where:
- Monday, September 18, 6pm–7:30pm at Raoul Wallenberg High School (40 Vega Street)
- Wednesday, September 20, 6pm–7:30pm at Willie L. Brown Jr. Middle School (2055 Silver Avenue)
- Wednesday, September 27, 6pm–7:30pm at Abraham Lincoln High School (2162 24th Avenue)
Using Your Child's CAASPP Score Report
Last spring students in grades 3–11 participated in statewide testing called the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP), and your child's scores should be arriving soon in the mail.
How did your child do? SFUSD’s Achievement Assessments Office is holding several sessions to show how to read and interpret the CAASPP score reports. Registration is required, so please email email@example.com or call 415-241-6400 to confirm your attendance. Interpretation and light refreshments will be provided; children are welcome. See the district's home page for flyers in multiple languages.
When and Where:
- Wednesday, September 6, 6pm–7pm at Marina Middle School (3500 Fillmore Street)
- Friday, September 15, 8:15am–9:15am at Moscone Elementary School (2576 Harrison Street)
- Wednesday 13, 6pm–7pm at George Washington Carver Elementary School (1360 Oakdale Avenue)
- Tuesday, September 19, pm–7pm at Guadalupe Elementary School (859 Prague Street)