PPS-SF Job Posting: Enrollment Coach
TITLE: Enrollment Coach
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
HOURS: This is a temporary part-time position of approximately 10 hours a week for August–December 2017. Evening work is required.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary is dependent upon experience. Cell phone and mileage reimbursement are included.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter and resume (as a Word document or PDF) to email@example.com, and include the term "EC - First Name_Last Name" in the subject line. To learn more about Parents for Public Schools of San Francisco (PPS-SF), visit www.ppssf.org.
About Parents for Public Schools of San Francisco
Our vision is that all San Franciscans are committed to the success of every public school in the City.
Parents for Public Schools of San Francisco promotes the fundamental value of public education and pursues the success of every public school by sharing knowledge, bridging communities, and informing policy.
Since 1999, we have helped over 275,000 families navigate SFUSD enrollment and become leaders in their schools and beyond, building a parent community dedicated to the success of each child in every family.
Parents for Public Schools of San Francisco delivers over 100 enrollment workshops at preschools, schools, libraries, and other locations in San Francisco to inform and educate families about San Francisco's public school enrollment process. The Enrollment Coach facilitates workshops to help Transitional Kindergarten to 12th grade families make informed decisions about their public school application process. This position reports directly to the PPS-SF Director of Programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and gather materials (PowerPoint presentation, print materials, and equipment) for each workshop.
- Contact assigned workshop locations to confirm the event and logistics.
- Facilitate enrollment program curriculum at various sites in San Francisco. (Training will be provided.)
- Return equipment, donations or payment, sign-in sheets, evaluation forms, and other materials to the PPS-SF office after the workshop.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Consistent access to a car
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to navigate San Francisco’s diverse populations
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience working in a diverse workplace
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong cultural competency and self-awareness skills
- Ability to make informed, timely decisions and use sound judgement to prioritize work tasks
- Technology skills: MS Office suite, basic internet skills, social media
- Current or former San Francisco public school parent or caregiver preferred
- Working knowledge and experience of San Francisco Unified School District strongly preferred
- Experience working in a mission-driven organization
To download this job description in PDF format, please see the following link:
PPS-SF does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.